Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 8:30 am MDT - Clifton, Colo.

We made it! Finally, I can update this blog without holding my labtop top on my lap, moving down the highway at 70 mph. The bus made it to Clifton, Colo., our team headquarters at 12:15 a.m. MDT. We are staying at a Best Western. Nice hotel, lots of places to eat around the hotel which is always important.

It is now 8:30 am, my roomies, coach Blanchard and coach Nikkel are still asleep. But as I type, coach Blanchard is now up and heading down to breakfast. It is just perfect outside as our hotel door opens to the north. It is suppose to be a great week of weather and right now it is. Sunny skies, temp around 70 and no wind!

The guys will be getting up around 10 am, will walk around a bit to get loose, eat, etc. Then we have an official work out later this afternoon.

I of course will get my daily jog in, maybe a short "lift" at the workout facility in the hotel and then eat egg whites with bananas for breakfast.....Yeah right.

As I do every morning, I read every daily newspaper that I can on-line (this part is true) to keep up with what's happening around the region in sports and news.

FYI, director of athletics Chris Hmielewski is flying in today to Grand Junction. Something about having to work on Tuesday so he had to fly. He is flying in from Omaha to G.J. We'll see what happens, I may fly back with him when we are finished here. Hopefully not until Sunday!

Have a good morning everyone! Until next time...., coach Nikkel is still getting his “beauty” sleep. Oh wait, he is getting up…no I guess just talking in his sleep. Something about, “I love shooting pheasants”… “no I don’t have a razor, quit asking” … and something really weird, he is mumbling “go Tracy Express…choo, choo”. More on that later! I need to type softer; I don’t want to wake him!

Mesa State College, the host school, has a car for every team. So that will be nice to have some transportation around the area.

Have a good morning Mustangs fans! Until next time, remember 2:30 CDT tomorrow. SMSU versus Minnesota State, Mankato. Live stat will be available. Click on the baseball regional Web site on the right side of the SMSU baseball page.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. GO MUSTANGS GO!!!!

    Beat them Mavericks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loft, you mean you don't like running? Any racquetball courts in Grand Junction? Hope nobody left anything at the field at practice...$100 fine for SMSU if they did

    ReplyDelete